Camp Blacktop
I have my pop can stove with me on the road as well as my entire backpack kitchen setup. I just made ramen with fresh veggies and chicken on the bathroom counter and am washing it down with a glass of California merlot from a clear plastic motel cup. Yum! Home cookin'...
Then there was the situation comedy moment yesterday afternoon. I stopped to snap a couple of shots of the tundra swans, snow geese and white faced ibis wading in one of the flooded rice fields in the Sacramento Valley.
I hopped a grass filled ditch to get a little closer.
The problem arose when I hopped back over to go back to my car. I missed, landing in green, slimy, algae-filled water. I held my camera up so that it wouldn't get wet but I went over backward. My fancy schmancy cowgirl shirt and pants were covered with muck. Seeing as there was no one else around, I stripped down to my skivvies and changed clothes on the spot. I'm sure someone coming around the bend at that point would've made it all the more amusing but I missed out on that chapter. Next stop: the laundromat. Ah, life on the road.
Then there was the situation comedy moment yesterday afternoon. I stopped to snap a couple of shots of the tundra swans, snow geese and white faced ibis wading in one of the flooded rice fields in the Sacramento Valley.
I hopped a grass filled ditch to get a little closer.
The problem arose when I hopped back over to go back to my car. I missed, landing in green, slimy, algae-filled water. I held my camera up so that it wouldn't get wet but I went over backward. My fancy schmancy cowgirl shirt and pants were covered with muck. Seeing as there was no one else around, I stripped down to my skivvies and changed clothes on the spot. I'm sure someone coming around the bend at that point would've made it all the more amusing but I missed out on that chapter. Next stop: the laundromat. Ah, life on the road.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home