Wet Garrison
They tell me that there is a big, beautiful mountain someplace in Mt. Rainier National Park but I am not so sure. I just got home from spending two nights in the southeast section of the park and all I saw when I was there was a raging river, a plummeting cascade, big ol' trees and lots of rain. By lots, I mean buckets and buckets of the stuff. It rained every minute I was there up until it was time to leave for home. Then, of course, the sky cracked for a minute or two and I saw something that looked like blue overhead.
This trip taught me just how leaky my tent really is. Nancy Drew, Green Turtle and I got real cozy, sleeping in the seemingly huge tent. However, we all shared the joy of waking up with our feet marinating in fresh rainwater. There's nothing like a soggy sleeping bag to rouse your spirits. Regardless, the wet weather made for great gossip, good storytelling and a perfect excuse to drain a bottle or two of dry red. The hiking was minimal but fun excellent...
This trip taught me just how leaky my tent really is. Nancy Drew, Green Turtle and I got real cozy, sleeping in the seemingly huge tent. However, we all shared the joy of waking up with our feet marinating in fresh rainwater. There's nothing like a soggy sleeping bag to rouse your spirits. Regardless, the wet weather made for great gossip, good storytelling and a perfect excuse to drain a bottle or two of dry red. The hiking was minimal but fun excellent...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home